Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Molly Movie News!

  1. #1
    Inactive Member kitandkat's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 23rd, 2006
    Posts
    949
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Wow! I think this is one of the best AG emails I've gotten.

    First of all - ENTER TO WIN THE MOLLY SWEEPSTAKES! It's up, and it's... a trip to an AGP with Maya Ritter.
    enter

    Second of all... here's a bit on Maya and her grandmother.
    body img 01</img>
    body img 04</img>
    ACTRESS MAYA RITTER RELATES TO MOLLY
    When 12-year-old actress Maya Ritter took on the role of Molly McIntire, she not only fell in love with Molly?s stories, but also found a personal connection to her own family?s past. Maya learned that her grandmother, Anne Symonds, had been a girl in London during the Blitz?just like Molly?s English friend, Emily Bennett.

    Thanks to her experience playing Molly, Maya and her grandmother connected in a way they never had before. The movie gave them an opportunity to share something special?what life was like for girls growing up in 1944. Anne loved sharing her girlhood experiences with Maya just as much as Maya loved hearing about them.

    Molly?s movie may create new connections between your American girl and her grandparents or great-grandparents, too.

    YOUNG READERS CONNECT WITH MOLLY Here?s an example of how deeply Molly?s stories, set during a war 60 years ago, touched a girl today. Her mom wrote to tell us about it:

    Dear American Girl,

    I wanted to thank you so much for the wonderful stories about Molly. My daughter Leslie has completely connected with her. Like Molly, Leslie?s dad is away at war, and reading and rereading each of Molly?s stories has helped Leslie feel so much better about this deployment. I can?t even tell you how many tears have been stopped because she has Molly and her stories to help comfort her and help her identify with someone in the same situation.

    Thank you so much!

    As you and your family enjoy Molly?s movie on November 26th, we hope it will touch your hearts as well.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member DScully717's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2006
    Posts
    225
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Now that's a great email. I totally relate to Maya and her grandma . . . that's how I first fell in love with my Molly. My grandma was a girl in World War II Germany, and I was fascinated with her stories about the war. World War II was so different for her than American children, but I loved reading Molly's side of the story. It kind of brought things full circle and made me realize that we all have the same hopes and fears, regardless of where we live. This is a pic of me and my grandma when I first got Molly:

    <center>
    danni2 1


    </center>

    (It's not the best pic because I had to scan it, but I love it just the same.)
    *edited for grammar*

    <font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ November 01, 2006 10:32 PM: Message edited by: molly*belle717 ]</font>

  3. #3
    Inactive Member jessicasturm's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 14th, 2005
    Posts
    923
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I think a lot of us can relate to Molly in this same way, depending on how old your grandparents are. I fell in love with Molly for the same reason everyone is stating here, my grandma was a girl during WWII, and even lost her dad due to the war.

    She also had medium brown hair and glasses!

    Here is one of my favorite pictures of my Molly that I took on Easter last year:

    IMG 3223

    Jessica

    <font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ November 02, 2006 11:02 AM: Message edited by: FarmhouseGirl ]</font>

  4. #4
    Polly Marie
    Guest Polly Marie's Avatar

    Post

    Danni, your story is so touching as well as Maya's. [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •